Monday, September 26, 2016

Choose wisely

The water has finally receded and the ground has dried enough for them to walk on. The time has come the boys need to start finding wives. Before they leave Og knows it his obligation to make sure Noah is taken care of before he leaves an unwanted obligation but still an obligation.

Og instructs Lapithes and all the boys to start dismantling the houses they have built and prepare to move the supplies down the mountain. Og and Noah head down the mountain so Noah can pick a nice spot for his new house.

"I was thinking the two younger boys and Lapithes could help me with the house if you and Sham want to start working some ground," Og suggests.
Noah took a very slow thoughtful look around, "I get the unicorn."

Og reluctantly nodded his head, "sounds fair. But, I swear to God Noah, you even think about hitting or whipping that unicorn…"

Noah cut Og off, "I'm not going to hurt your precious unicorn."

"Good!" Og responded harshly. "You know, he could have been all yours, all you had to do was be nice to me."

"You better get busy doing something before I change my mind."

"Oh Noah," Og wrapped his arms around Noah and hugged him so tight it made his spine pop in multiple places. "You silly guy."

Before they leave Og makes the decision it would be quickest if they boys stay behind to help their father and Lapithes and Og would go find wives for them. It would be quicker this way. He mostly just wanted to take advantage of some free time and visit a few friends.

"Okay, boys. Before I leave is there any stipulations you would like to give me?" Og asked. The two younger boys just shook their heads no; they were obviously upset about Og's departure. Og rubbed Ham's shoulder.

"Yeah," answered Sham thoughtfully. "I would like my wife to have dark hair."

"You will get what you get," Og snarled.

"Why ask a question if you are going to refuse the answer?" asked Noah, irritated at Og's favoritism towards the other two boys.

"Sorry, Sham. If you could just do me one favor while I'm gone and change your face before I get back maybe I won't be so mean to you."

"Change my face?" asked Sham.

"You look like your dad," answered Og. "it's disturbing and I believe that's why I take out some of my frustration out on you instead of him. I apologize and I will work on it if you promise me that you will work on your face," Og grinned ear to ear. "Deal?"

"I hate to tell you this Og," Sham took a deep breath before continuing. "This is the only face I have."

"Hmm, looks like someone has been practicing humor," Og grinned, almost pleased with Sham's comeback. "Alright, that's enough chitter chatter we better be rolling." Before Og and Lapithes made it out of site Og dramatically turned around and pointed at Noah. "Don't you worry, I WILL be back."

As always it was Lapithes' responsibility to strike up conversations. Innocently not knowing what kind of questions Og's answers will bring Lapithes immediately regrets ever bringing up Hades name. His heart sank when Og said, "it would be much easier just to show you."

No comments:

Post a Comment